Happy Holi

festival of colors, Holi. Red and yellow color in adult hands and a kid is picking up the color

 


Happy Holi everyone!!!


Yeah, I know I'm late. Well, what can I do? I was busy having fun and didn't get the opportunity to write. 😂


To be true my niece would tire me out and I would be left with little to no energy by the end of the day to write anything.


So, here is the update. 


I had loads of fun with my niece this Holi. She doesn't get scared easily. But seeing people with colors on their faces, hair, clothes was a little too much for her. She didn't understand why everyone who always scold the kids just for getting dirty in the mud, getting dirty themselves.

She asked her parents to wash off the gulal from their faces, she wouldn't come near me unless I wiped the color of my face. 

In the park, we slowly introduced her to the fun that Holi brings. I sprinkled some gulal on her hair while she was on the slide, which she loved. That was a game for her. 


And afterward, her hair looked like a colorful wig with white beads (foam spray- fake snow). 

So that's how it went for me. Colors, gujiyas, laughter, and love; what else could complete this festival.

I did miss my nephew though. We haven't seen him yet due to covid. But the pictures that were sent to us show how much fun he had.


I do think, however, that not everyone was able to indulge this much. Some are away from family or some just don't have anyone to celebrate with.


So I hope you show a little gratitude towards what you have. Also, please let me know how you celebrated Holi this year?


XOXO

Dante's sentinels 😊


Post a Comment

0 Comments